- is a former radio disc jockey, program director, chief engineer at several broadcast facilities in Texas and New Mexico
- is retired from Sul Ross State University
- has worked at Colleges in Texas, Alabama, Tennesee, North Carolina and New York City
- is a computer programmer with experience in basic, sql, c, c++, perl, php, python and ruby languages
- is a Red Hat Certified Engineer
- has real-world experience with Cisco and Juniper networks
- rides motorcycles
- is a ham radio operator
- plays (or attempts to play) ukulele, baritone ukulele and guitar
- has been married for over 30 years
- loves dogs
- has been known to tell a joke or two
I started working at a small radio station in Big Spring, Texas when I was a wee lad and had a wild ride for a number of years. In 1993, I left broadcasting and went to work at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas. I continued my career at Sully where I held several positions and opted to retire from the State of Texas after 23 years. I’ve been doing Internet-y stuff since long before it was “of things”. I started my Linux experience with Slackware in 1994 shortly after it began to be distributed.
I started this site because I wanted to learn to build WordPress themes and thought “Oh well, might as well keep it going for a while”. Fair warning: This site may change themes as I continue to build stuff. Fair warning 2: Obviously, I am not a graphic artist or UI guru, so if the site pokes your eyes out, sorry!
Well, that’s about all I have to say. I Hope you enjoy my stories (many of them are true).